I have written a lot about motivation lately, and I'm happy to say I feel BACK IN THE GAME.
There are two main contributing factors.
1) DietBet (and if you missed my post on this, go read it
2) I joined a new gym.
So, March is off to a damn good start so far! Theme song of this month is definitely going to be One Republic "Marching on". Yup, I'm listening now, and you should too because it's a feel-good, happy, motivating song.
Now let's talk about my new gym.
I have a home gym with a treadmill and an elliptical. Why on earth would I join a gym? 1000 answers but the main one here is that I found one that really spoke to me and completed the gap in my current routine: strength training. Yeah, my home gym has helped me lose 50 lbs over the past 2 years, but I feel like as I start to narrow in on my goal it's going to be all the more important to kick up the strength training and not just rely on the cardio. Building muscle is key to burning more calories!
I joined a really cool gym. Let's not even call it a gym, because it's not. It's a fitness club with virtualized personal training. It's called The Koko FitClub.
I can't even begin to describe how much I love the concept because it scores and tracks your workouts and it is a nerd's dream.
So, I don't have too much to say about it as I literally just went for the first time today, but stayed tuned for more updates from me as I get going...but I'll just say this...it strikes me as something that I could easily get addicted to given the competitive nature (competing with yourself).
Here are the rules:
• List 11 random facts about yourself.
• Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
• Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
• Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
• No tag backs!!
So here we go:
11 Random Facts:
1. Some days I like tomatoes, some days I don't.
2. My self control around cake is virtually non-existent.
3. When I really love a song, I will listen to it on repeat like a crazy person...right now it's Rihanna "stay"
4. I have a strange ability to win radio contests. When I set out to win one, I always do. *With the exception of last time...I stopped trying to win tickets to see Mumford & Sons because my sister won (and took me)...I fully believe had I kept trying, I also would have won.
5. I love to host parties and entertain...my dream home would include a ballroom.
6. I turn 30 this year and it could not bother me less...you're only as old as you feel!
7. Every time I hear the number 7, I sing a little jingle in my head from an old game "sevvvven...lucky lucky seven". I'm weird. You know this.
8. I have an identical twin sister who is 4 minutes younger. I know what you're going to say. "How do we even know this is you blogging? How do we know it's not her?" You don't. But doesn't everyone love a blog with a little bit of intrigue? Now every time I post you'll wonder if it's really me....
9. I love trench coats. I have a black one, a tan one, a red one, and a green one. I know you're jealous.
10. I love driving with my windows down so much that in the dead of the summer I will blast the AC with the windows open, or if it's cooler out I'll put the heat on. Yeah, not so efficient I know.
11. I'm a professional sleeper. When I want to sleep, I do, and I do so solidly for 8-9 hours. On a nightly basis. I'm not going to lie, it's a glorious talent.
My Questions from BeautifulChunk:
1. If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go?
Ireland!!! I went to Dublin last year but I didn't get nearly enough, I want to go explore the entire countryside!
2. If you could buy anything and the price didn't matter, what would you get?
I'd definitely buy my dream home. Still working on the specifics, but see random fact #5 above.
3. If you called in sick from work on a gorgeous day...what would you do?
I'd sleep, because if I called in sick it means I'm actually sick. I can't help it, I'm a rule follower.
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
When my parents took us to Disney World - it was one of the first times I felt really independent, we stayed in the park and there were shuttles to the Magic Kingdom, so my parents would let us go to the park with our older sister and they'd meet up with us later.
5. What is your favorite joke?
Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making headlines!!
6. What is your favorite social media app?
Facebook, though I often get yelled at for missing news on there.
7. What is your current obsession?
It's probably too early to call it, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be Koko FitClub
8. What is your favorite piece of jewelry?
9. If you could recommend one piece of advice to someone, what would it be?
Life is too short to be unhappy - if there's something you don't like about your life than CHANGE IT! It's never too late!
10. What is your favorite color?
11. What is your dream job?
Picking the music that plays in tv shows and movies. I don't know what that's called, but I would dominate this. I did this for a few drama festivals I participated in in high school and I've actually won awards for my sound design.
I'm changing the rest of the rules for this award for me, because admittedly I've been pretty bad at blogging lately and the only new blogs that I read these days actually already got hit with this award...so instead I'm turning the tables on you - help me find some new awesome blogs.... if you have a blog, leave me a comment with the link, or if there's a blog that you really love, send that too! Doesn't even have to be new!
Alright, this post ended up being a bit longer than anticipated, thanks for toughing it out til the end if you're still reading :-)